Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nature Of The Beast

Why does everyone in the Richmond area seem highly unmotivated lately? Well maybe not unmotivated, but question their life choices???

Let me take a step back and explain my reasoning for this blog entry. Me and one of my roommates are pretty stressed about our school situations. Me, its strictly my course load and working 22 hours a week. My roommate is kind of questioning his goals and feels like his classes isnt worth his time. Anyone who knows my roommate would think he is too motivated and too smart to be questioning something like that. I told him on the way to the bank, I told him that I just finished my practical I studied all morning for and now im about to study for my Stats test on Monday.

"How the hell? I could never do something like that! I don't see how you have the motivation for something like that...you grind crazy hard, like you really dont take breaks during the week. How do you do it?"

I replied, "Adderall, coffee and motivation. Mostly motivation though."

I mean, I really dont have a choice. A lot of kids have the money to waste to chill in college and second guess what they are doing there, I really cant do that. I have obligations to my family and myself. My roommate is kind of lost and I really am too, but I think that I just refuse to believe it. When I feel lost I hit the gym or read a book or continue to write this book I am working on or talk to my boy that lives right under me because he puts things into perspective. We both come from similar walks of life and the same area, so we just talk, smoke hookah and chill.

At the same time he feels his life is wasting away and pointless and I'm starting to feel it too, so what should I do?
Like I said before...I really dont have a choice and neither does my roommate...

1 comment:

janiekate said...

well i can tell you this, don't go to any stupid workshops about picking a career because all they'll do is throw a personality test at you.