Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eminem Dedication...

My man Eminem graced the June cover of both Vibe and XXL magazine and since I'm the biggest Em fan (along with the biggest B.I.G. fan), I decided to do a post but the great white hope of hip-hop. In the XXL issue, they asked dozens of rappers what favorite songs, verses, guest appearances but the man so I guess I will do the same. I'm not going to lie. I was disappointed with the Relapse album. It was still dope, but not legendary status as his other 5 albums. But again, I'm not going to lie. I play "We Made You" like everyday. That song is hilarious. But anyways lets go in...


Favorite Album: The Marshall Mathers LP --> I was one of the 1.76 million people to buy this album the first week it came out and I was 11 years old. I remember the day because I wanted to buy the explicit version and the clerk wouldn't sell it to me. So I sent my Dad in there and buy it. Hearing all that stuff I heard at 11 years old, was probably a little bit much, but what made the album so incredible was that it WAS so over the top. The Christopher Reeves and homosexual references were wrong, but oh so hilarious. I seriously can't choose a favorite song off the album because the whole thing was straight magic. 'Criminal' I remembered listening to it 11 times in row. The bank robbery skit was brilliant. 'The Real Slim Shady', 'Stan', 'The Way I Am' were heavily played on the radio. 'Drug Ballad' was a big reason why I excited to go to college at 11. 'Ken Kaniff' always coming through. 'Kill You' was the probably the most out of hand. GODDDD love it.
Favorite Verse--> Dr. Dre feat. Eminem "Forgot About Dre"- I'll just leave you with the verse. This is probably the most rediculous thing ever said in a song.

So what do you say to somebody you hate?
Or anybody tryna bring trouble your way
Wanna resolve things in a bloodier way
Just study your tape of NWA.
One day I was walkin by
With a Walkman on
When I caught a guy givin me an awkward eye
And strangled him off in the parkin lot wit his Karl Kani
I don't give a fuck if it's dark or not
It's harder than me tryna park a Dodge
But I'm drunk as fuck
Right next to a humungous truck in a two car garage
Hoppin out wit two broken legs tryna walk it off
Fuck you too bitch call the cops
I'ma kill you and them loud ass muthafuckin barkin dogs
And when the cops came through
Me and Dre stood next to a burnt down house
Wit a can full of gas and a hand full of matches
And still weren't found out
From here on out it's the Chronic 2
Startin today and tomorrows the new
And I'm still loco enough
To choke you to death wit a Charleston chew
[Record scratch]
Slim shady hotter then a set of twin babies
In a Mercedes Benz wit the windows up
And the temp goes up to the mid 80's
Callin men ladies
Sorry Doc but I been crazy
There is no way that you can save me
It's ok go with him Hailey


Favorite Guest Appearance--> Eminem and Dr. Dre- Guilty Conscience- Haha the video was funny as hell and as soon as I saw the video, I downloaded the explicit version. I love how Dr. Dre is the voice of reason in the song and Eminem is just going offffff lol. The song and concepts were crafted beautifully and I loved every second.

Favorite Song--> This is probably the most unfair question you could ever ask an Eminem fan. And since my favorite album was the Marshall Mathers LP, Ill stray away from that album. Seriously I believe it is 'My Name Is'. It was a super crucial introduction to Eminem for me. The video was hilarious and I don't think I will ever get over this line.

My English teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high
Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be thirty-five
I smacked him in his face with an eraser, chased him with a stapler
and stapled his nuts to a stack of papers
Walked in the strip club, had my jacket zipped up
Flashed the bartender, then stuck my dick in the tip cup
Extraterrestrial, runnin over pedestrians
Raping lesbians, while they scream: "LET'S JUST BE FRIENDS!

HAHAHAHA, I swear will never get over it, I remember Mom wouldnt let buy his first album then Dad bought me the second. Strictly awesome.

Em I will always support you. Stay clean homie.

No comments: