Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Classes: Fall 2009

Wow junior year is almost upon us. This is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I just has not hit me yet that half of my college career is already over. It felt like in high school each year felt like two years and each college year feels like a semester. It's so crazy because that means that I'm that much closer to taking another giant step into the real world. I need my life to slow down for three seconds and actually let me breathe. I registered for two summer classes at J Sarge (the Richmond community college)

- Principles of Marketing
-Principles of Sociology: Family Studies

I'm doing an internship at a church here in the Richmond for another grand 3 credits.
Plus, I do have my job here at the country club (where I plan on working full time over the summer months). DAMMMNNN it, I remember I still have to renew my lease here at Carriage House, but my mom isn't going to go for it. She feels I can find another, CHEAPER place to live, but there are a few problems with Mom's plan...

1. I WANT to stay here. Everything is close to her and I can walk to class (finding a place where I can still walk to school that is affordable will not happen)
2. My roommates are staying here, so that means I would have to FIND people who are willing to live with me and that is more than a chore than anything else
3. That means I would have to move from Carriage House, find a bed, a desk, drawers and other furniture (which is all here at Carriage House) which will all cost money. Therefore I think staying here at Carriage House is the most fiscally responsible thing to do next year.

I just want to enjoy my summer here in Richmond and not have to worry about moving somewhere new halfway through my summer. I think my mom will live, it's not like she is paying my rent anyways. I just can't wait to get my season pass to Kings Dominion, hit up VA Beach on days trips and just kick with my boys with no serious school drama. Damn that sounds amazing right now...ONLY THREE MORE WEEKS AND WE ARE JUNIORSSSS (WOW!)

Junior Schedule:

AFAM 393:Geography Of Africa (African American Studies Minor Requirement)
ENGL 215: Readings In Literature (Literature Requirement)
ARTH 271: History of the Motion Picture (Visual/Performance Arts Requirement)
PHYS 103: Astronomy (Physical Science Requirement)
PSYC 410: Principles of Learning Cognition (Psychology Major Requirement)
URSP 116: Intro to the City (Urban Studies Requirement)

No comments: