Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hottest MCs In The Game (MY List)

MTV recently just came out with their yearly list of the hottest MCs in the game. Here is the MTV list:

  1. Jay-Z
  2. Lil Wayne
  3. Drake
  4. Kanye West
  5. Rick Ross
  6. Gucci Mane
  7. Young Jeezy
  8. Fabolous
  9. 50 Cent
  10. Raekwon
The list is kinda shaky to me for a couple of reasons. One, Eminem who released one of the highest selling albums of the year with Relapse did not make the list. WTF. Second, I think 50 Cent was ranked a little high at number 9 and Raekwon the chef was ranked a little high at number 10. But overall, I think the list is pretty good. While I was bored at work I decided to put together my own list. With my list I added a one liner about why the are on my list, added two more spots to make the list 12 and a link to my one of favorite present tracks. ENJOY!!!

1. Jay-Z "The Blueprint 3 pushes Hova to the top. Very impressive album" On To The Next One
2. Eminem "Relapse wasn't his best, but Slim Shady is back" Beautiful
3. Lil Wayne "Headlined the highest grossing hip-hop tour...Ever. Weezy stays hot" Bedrock
4. Drake "Comeback Season (Classic) So Far Gone (Legendary) Thank Me Later??" Fear
5. Kanye West "Continues to push boundaries and stay relevant. Autotune or not" Streetlights
6. Rick Ross "Deeper Than Rap, one of the best albums of 2009" Face
7. Fabolous "Losos Way. Remixes continue to be hotter than the originals though" Throw It In The Bag Remix
8. Young Jeezy "Appearance after appearance, tour with Wayne, Thug Motivation 103" My President
9. Gucci Mane "The mixtapes just wont STOP. But definitely hottest in the hood. Photoshoot
10. Wale "Mixtapes are too silly. Attention: Deficit November 10th" Inhibitions: Let Loose
11. 50 Cent "Losing respect FAST, but I will listen to Before I Self Destruct" OK, You're Right
12. Raekwon "Cuban Linx Part II is illy. Underdog from the Wu-Tang come through" House Of Flying Daggers

No comments: